Late Spring 2019, the Winter Park Health Foundation (WPHF) in partnership with AdventHealth opened the Center for Health & Wellbeing (CHWB), an 80,000-square-foot community facility dedicated to supporting residents’ journey to health through the disciplines of Wholeness, Fitness, and Medicine. As part of those services, WPHF welcomes thousands of people each year to its Community Education programs, a portfolio of learning opportunities open to the public. From mental health seminars to crystal sound bowl meditations, yoga programs and art workshops, CHWB Community Education programs are enormously impactful toward attendees’ physical, emotional and social health and wellbeing.
Now, to underscore its ongoing commitment to the communities of Eatonville, Maitland, and Winter Park, WPHF has launched its Wellbeing in the Community initiative – a series of satellite CHWB Community Education programs hosted at locations throughout our impact area. These satellite opportunities are presented with WPHF community partners and are open to the public.
A few highlights from the launch of the initiative:
- On February 21 at Westminster Winter Park, a Creative Caregiving Workshop was presented by an expert from the Atlantic Center for Arts
- On April 14 at the Winter Park Library, a Balance and Fall Prevention class was presented by Joy Henderson from the Crosby Wellness Center
- On May 10 at an Orange County Public Schools meeting for 200 school-based mental health professionals, a Nutrition and Stretching class was presented by Ashley Geese from the Crosby Wellness Center
- On May 31 at the Maitland Library, a Tai Chi + Breath Work class presented by Alan Zemel from the Crosby Wellness Center
And a selection of upcoming Wellbeing in the Community initiative programs:
- On June 21 at the Eatonville Library and at Winter Park Presbyterian Preschool, a reading of the children’s book “Zora’s Garden” and a children’s gardening activity will be hosted with author Rae Chesny
- On July 27 at the Maitland Library, a Basics of Stretching class will be presented by Miranda Harris from the Crosby Wellness Center
- On September 26 at the Winter Park Library, a Gentle Yoga class will be presented by Nicole Elliot from the Crosby Wellness Center
For registration information for upcoming Wellbeing in the Community Initiative programs, please call or visit the website of each program location. To view and register for upcoming programs at the Center for Health & Wellbeing, please visit YourHealthandWellbeing.org.